• refinersfire
  • kitchen
  • family room
  • familyroom
  • laundry
  • giftshoppe
  • giftshoppe
  • kitchen
  • kitchen
  • kitchen
  • kitchen

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 3 of Chemotherapy

Greg woke up at 8:00 in the morning and wanted to go on a walk. I asked if we could wait a bit so that I could get more sleep. His machine was beeping all night - why they don't have the nurse call button near the parent's sleeping chair at a children's hospital is beyond me. I would pop out of my chair and rush to hit the call button before the noise fully woke Greg up. I was exhausted when morning came. Greg was fine with waiting and slept in until about 10:00. We both probably would have slept longer had the 'friendly' nurse waited to check his vitals.

Will brought the kids in bright and early to visit Greg. Will had been taking care of the fruit snack coating on Greg's Prednisone pills and didn't want to miss a dose. He had all the kids showered, fed, and ready and at the hospital by 9:30! What a great dad!

While we were taking pictures, we noticed that Madilyn kept her distance from Greg. She was remembering last week, after Greg's PET scan, when he was radioactive the remainder of the day and we told the kids not to be by him. She was a lot more relaxed when we told her the medicines he had at the hospital couldn't make her sick.

Before I took the kids home, Greg took us to the classroom to show us the ipad he was playing yesterday.

Greg was bored out of his mind at the hospital. His jaws hurt, so he wouldn't eat and he didn't feel like doing anything. The nurse said the Vincristine could make his jaw hurt, but that normally doesn't happen until after a few doses. We are learning that Greg is super sensitive and super stubborn. I believe his sensitivity to his body is what allowed us to find his cancer in it's early stages. I am thankful for this supposed weakness.

Will had a stake leadership meeting he was to play the organ for tonight, so I had a helpful neighbor watch the kids while I switched with Will. He didn't have enough time to get the kids fed, himself ready, and then drop the kids off at his brother's and be back to play prelude music for his meeting. As he was getting ready to call the stake to inform them that he wouldn't be able to play the organ, an inspired neighbor showed up and said she would watch the kids at our house which allowed Will to not have to cancel last minute. She shared with us that when she was getting ready to pray with the kids, Bella started crying and wanted out of her crib so that she could be included. I am thankful for friends who are willing to take care of my kids in the same manner that I would if I were there.

Papa came to visit Greg and me at the hospital. It was a nice surprise.

Photobucket

No comments: