• refinersfire
  • kitchen
  • family room
  • familyroom
  • laundry
  • giftshoppe
  • giftshoppe
  • kitchen
  • kitchen
  • kitchen
  • kitchen

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 1 of Chemotherapy

The first day of chemotherapy Greg was to take all four drugs, starting with Prednisone. He was to take 2 and half of these uncoated pills. The problem is that Greg didn't know how to swallow pills. It started dissolving as soon as it hit his tongue and it had a nasty taste. He got the first half pill down without a problem. He got psyched out and threw it up. After a few intense moments, Will ended up crushing the pills and putting the powder in his own sugar coating - flattened fruit snack. It worked!

The other medications were given intravenously without problem. Greg has been doing fine. He seems to be a little more perky, loud, and outspoken than usual - it's the steroids.

Papa dropped Bella off at the hospital. She was so excited to see us. She had missed us, at least that's what Heather supposed all the tears and screaming meant. She ran up to me and gave me a big hug, then looked into my eyes and we hugged again. I couldn't help but think that this is what the reunion with my mom will be like.

I took her and picked up the other two kids from Stephanie's house. Shortly after I walked in the door, William had his backpack and shoes on and was holding his teddy bear and blanket. When we got in the car, he asked if we were going to visit Greg at the hospital. He sure misses his brother.

Madilyn has really stepped up to being the big sister. A few months ago, she was so afraid of people that she would just cling to me. And now she willingly gets dropped off and takes charge of her younger siblings - forgetting herself and serving.

The nurse removed the IV in his right hand. He was looking forward to this because he can now play Wii more easily.

Will spent the night at the hospital on a pull-out chair bed. He has been taking detailed notes and is afraid to leave me alone with Greg and the nurses. That's not entirely true; it's mainly because I'm pregnant, I can not handle Greg's urine (which needs to be measured), so Will is sacrificing much needed sleep to allow me to stay home and watch the kiddos. He's my hero.

Photobucket

No comments: