• refinersfire
  • kitchen
  • family room
  • familyroom
  • laundry
  • giftshoppe
  • giftshoppe
  • kitchen
  • kitchen
  • kitchen
  • kitchen

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Exhausted

Will had said that he hadn't got a wink of sleep last night. I didn't realize how true to his word he was being.

It was my shift tonight. We were walking the halls at 2am, 5am and 7am. We made 10 laps in five hours. Walking was the only thing that would ease his leg pain. I would tell him to push the button if he was in pain and he would say, "I did, Mom, it doesn't work. I sleep, but I can still feel the pain." For better or worse, we were released later that day.

He was still having intense leg pain and wanted his legs to be rubbed all the time. He was used to 24/7 care, but now he had to share Will and me with three other kiddos and household responsibilities.

We had previously arranged dinner for tonight, but canceled a few days ago because we didn't know which day we would be home. An inspired friend called Will earlier today to set up dinner for us! A nice home-cooked meal is one of the greatest things to come home to. Thanks to all those who have sacrificed on behalf of our family.

That night, I almost wished we were back in the hospital. In the middle of the long night, I found myself wanting to tell him to push the button to dispense Morphine so that I could get some rest.

No comments: