• refinersfire
  • kitchen
  • family room
  • familyroom
  • laundry
  • giftshoppe
  • giftshoppe
  • kitchen
  • kitchen
  • kitchen
  • kitchen

Friday, October 29, 2010

Back Here Already?

"I felt bad for Dad last night."
"Why?"
"Because he had to stay up and rub my legs all night. I didn't get much sleep."
"He's a great dad. He loves you so much."

Will woke up yesterday morning at 3:30am and went to work. After working 1o hours, he came home and worked in the front yard until after the sun went down. That night around 10:00, Greg's temperature went up to 100.9. Will took him to the hospital (so that I could get the rest that my body needs - he is about as stubborn as I am and that's one of the reasons I love him) with an automatic admission. Greg has been doing so wonderful (eating, sleeping, and exercising) since we got home from the hospital after his second round of chemotherapy. We were hoping that his blood count was high enough to fight the infection himself, but were pretty sure that wouldn't be the case... and it wasn't.

The ANC (actual neutrophil count) needs to be at 500 or more to be released. His was at 60. Which is better than the 9 last time, or so we thought. Turns out, that it was on its way down, not up. It is currently at 39.

As I write this, Greg is about to get a platelet transfusion.

No comments: